Monday, October 24, 2011

Making Words

While reading the articles this week, the making words section in Cunningham & Cunningham's article stood out to me. I love the way that they took the letters from one bigger word and used them to have the children make other words and see patterns. During CARE in Knox County Schools they often use pocket charts to build words, and I have seen how much the kids enjoy going up to the chart and making the words. I think that if there is the time for Making Words, kids would really enjoy the activity. Not only does it meet the needs of the struggling children in the class while providing a challenges the more advanced kids, but it is fun! Now that's a great way to have differentiated instruction!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of pocket charts! I have not personally seen this used in the classroom but it sounds like a great activity for both learning and having fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete